Wednesday, August 27, 2014

makos-lightningrod: I feel like this entire scene had really...





makos-lightningrod:



I feel like this entire scene had really good moments. They were small and unnoticeable if you were paying attention to the whole arc of the episode rather than the small moments. We’ve been doing commentaries all day of the small moments and I really wanted to touch base on this one. We’ve seen so much interaction between these two from their intimate talk before going off to fight, their father-daughter fighting tag team, and then him watching her battle Zaheer. What pains me to think about is how much I think Tonraq thinks he’s let down Korra as well. Whether she’s the Avatar or not, she’s still his child. She’s still his one and only pride and joy. He’s almost lost her on several life-threatening occasions but all those times before have never beat her down so far. And now, I would imagine that he wants to be there for her. It kills me to think about his scene with her when he was trying to wake her up. And when she does, he tells her he’s never going to let her go again. What Tonraq must be thinking is that he’s let her down. And she probably thinks she’s let him down after he’s told her how proud he is.


I love this part because he comes over to her and kneels in front of her, telling her how beautiful she is. We can see that she’s got the bags under her eyes - that she’s suffering from her poisoning, from depressing, or from nightmares. Whatever the case, she is his shining little girl no matter what. And in the frame before this, she doesn’t have that inkling of a smile on her face. But here…she has a smile. They both do. And for a moment, they look at each other and have this incredibly endearing relationship that kills me.


I imagine that when she thinks about home, she thinks about him most especially (not that I don’t give Senna credit as well, I just wish her relationship with Korra was more intimate than what is shown).







via my blog! http://ift.tt/1tdBLib

No comments:

Post a Comment