Tuesday, December 16, 2014

ayeshakhurram: I am speechless. I am speechless that two hours...





ayeshakhurram:



I am speechless. I am speechless that two hours away from where I live, over a hundred and forty children have died. I am speechless. My brothers, my sisters. They aren’t with us anymore, and I am speechless. I can’t tell you how much I’ve cried today, I can’t tell you how depressed, disgusted, sad, horrified and shocked I am at this act of terrorism in the name of ‘God’.


It’s numbing to even try and think about what the mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters feel like right now - I can’t even imagine what it’s like, to send your child to school asking him to do his very best on his mid year, telling him you believe in him, telling him not to leave a single question empty. He left the world instead.


Please don’t think we aren’t important because we aren’t from the well known Western countries. Please don’t let the lives lost be defined by race, language, nation. Please don’t think we deserve this because our oppressors and us, we share a religion - because if these terrorists are ‘muslims’, then I am not. (And believe me when I tell you they’re not. They don’t know anything about Islam, because if they did they would hesitate to use harsh words, let alone guns.)


It takes two seconds to make a prayer. It takes two seconds to spread the word. It takes two seconds to make someone see that the oppressed and oppressors are different, even if they share a religon.


I hope you will remember that little, innocent children and teachers did not ask for this. I hope you will remember that a teacher got burned alive trying to save the students. I hope you will remember that raising your voice against evil is the first step to eliminate it from our society.







via my blog! http://ift.tt/136vB8K

No comments:

Post a Comment